Aged Care and Retirement Living

Aged care and retirement livingIf you are thinking of moving into a Retirement Village, we suggest you contact our firm before signing any documents committing you to the move.

Retirement villages often have complex documentation and come in a variety of packages, from licence type contracts involving the provision of an Accommodation Bond, to straight out purchase under Strata Title and so on. However, they invariably also contain detailed provisions setting out payment of ongoing weekly levies and deferred management fees deducted when the unit is vacated.  As there have been problems in this area in the past, the whole industry is now more regulated, and we can check that the village Operator is conforming with the detailed requirements of the Retirement Villages Act 1999.

It is very important that you fully understand and appreciate all these provisions before you sign any lease or contract. At Trouncer Legal, having reviewed many of these kinds of contracts and leases over the years, we can give you the benefit of our advice and experience.  If you are moving from the family home, we can also act on your sale and ensure that your move is as smooth and stress-free as possible.

If you wish to have an obligation-free 30 minute consultation with us in our office, just contact us now.