If you are attending an auction or considering buying a property at an auction, send a copy of the contract to us and we will review the contract and give you the advice you need before you attend the auction.
When you buy a property at auction there is no cooling off period. This means that you are committed to purchasing the property and you cannot back out of the contract.
Legal advice from Trouncer Legal prior to your auction will ensure that you understand the terms and conditions of the contract and cover avoidable risks. We will:
- Contract review – review the terms and conditions of the contract.
- Feedback – provide written advice to you regarding the matters and risks that you need to know about.
- Enquiries – if necessary we will make enquiries with the seller, Council and Sydney Water regarding the property.
- Negotiate amendments – negotiate with the seller regarding amendments to the contract that we consider necessary to protect your interests.
- Prepare you for auction – we will make sure that you have all the necessary documentation you need if you are the successful bidder.
- Answer your questions – we will answer any questions you have about the contract, the auction and the purchase process generally.